My Saviour Is A Jew
My Saviour Is A Jew
My Saviour is a Jew - and my Saviour is God
Our Mediator, is a Jew - the Man, Christ Jesus
How can I damp and deny - my tender heart for Israel?
No, compelled I am - to love the Jewish nation
From my childhood - and even until today
My greatest life's heros - are descendants of Abraham
A promised son sacrificed - thank you kindly sir
A covenant unrelenting - with, God Most High
To bear the needed Saviour - of, this human world
So, death and even hell - can sting His own, no more
And thank you Joseph - to suffering you surrender
For the God of Abraham - Isaac and Jacob
And for the blessed - nation of Israel
What of humble Moses - servant of the Lord
I want to shake your hand - and to hug you tight
I often thank my God - and Father for you
I love these of whom - this world is unworthy
And the nation - oh Is-ra-el
No other nation - on this earth He made
Holds so dear to me - so many heros beloved
Oh, how can my heart - be so coldly indifferent?
No, my heart warms - when I think of King David
Such persevering passion - for the King of Kings
Elijah, and Elisha - Jeremiah and Nehemiah
Daniel, Esther, Ezra - and John the Baptist
To so many Jews, I owe my life - my culture and my nation
My Judeo-Christian thinking - and my heavenly perspective
To the 'Highly Favoured' Mary - who bore, but to grieve
But yet, rejoice again - a Saviour of her people
Thank you dear Father- for the Jewish nation
For so many that died to self - to bring the needed Saviour
Who takes far, away - the sin of this dying world
I would hardly, now - live in and by the Spirit
Were it not for Peter - Paul, James and John
I wouldn't know the depths - of many a thing
For through the many beatings - their voice was always heard
But now of you and me - so easily take for granted
With our superior Western - Laodicean pride
For we, surely know - the Bible's 'true' theology
And of our 'greater' Church - and our 'better' ways.
Thank you Paul for floggings - shipwreck, despising and jail
That we might know today - of mysteries deep and great
Yes Paul, and I too - love the Jewish people
And I long and pray - for hardened hearts to soften
Sadly, Augustine too - found little favour for the Jews
And his disciple Luther - was by far, even worse
Yet, thank you Mr. Spurgeon - for your compassion and respect
'We, as Christians, ought be furthest - from despising the suffering Jew'
Oh what a price to pay - for rejecting your Messiah
2000 years of scatter - to earth's far four corners
Persecuted and despised - and driven from the lands
So much ignorance of history - and silly theories abound
Oh how I pray for the saving - of the nation of Is-ra-el
Even as Jesus' own nation - continues to reject Him now
They need not accept their Saviour - in order for me to love
For I too rejected Him - but He loved and called me still
For God loves all peoples - and so I love the Jews
How can I say I love Paul - but to his brethren 'Nay?'
Please bring them to you - Lord Jesus, on high
And peace upon Jerusalem - is my daily cry
Still Rachel is weeping - for her many children
The abandoned of the centuries - called to come back home
How can we who are saved - His true and grafted brethren
Be so cold, and indifferent - to His suffering national brethren?
The Jewish Son of God - will return to us one day
To judge the world complete - not a one escapes
Just a cup of water to His people - and His creation?
Or did I wish them well - without a helping hand?
Yes, my Lord and Maker - how I love Is-ra-el
(Neil Baulch - bib1e.org)
Comments
Post a Comment